In SESOMU, children are admitted without consideration of caste, creed and religious belief. Parents seeking admission of a child into SESOMU as border or day-scholar may do so according to the following procedure :
- A written and oral test in English, Mathematics and Hindi shall be administered for admission to different classes to know the level of the child. The parents must accompany the child during the interview/test.
- Registration form attached to the school prospectus must be filled in completely. The prospectus is available at the school office on payment of Rs. 200/- in cash or a DD of Rs. 250/- sent by post.
- A non-refundable registration fees of Rs. 1000/- must accompany the registration form.
- Admission test in English, Hindi and Mathematics as applicable to the specified classes will be held on the last Sunday of February. Admission test will be given only after registration on the child.
Once the child is found to be suitable for admission to the class sought, the parents would be advised to come for the child’s admission with the following documents :
- Transfer Certificate from the previous school indicating date of birth of the child and counter signed by DEO or any other officer authorised for the same.
Mark sheet of last promotional examination.
- Two latest passport size photographs of the child.
Medical Certificate and Health Card attached to the prospectus, should be dully filled in and signed by a competent medical practitioner.
- A demand draft for the first installment of fees.
Guardian Card with names, particulars and photos of three individuals who would be permitted to take the child out of the school campus (For Borders only).
- Affidavit in the prescribed form attached to the prospectus (For Borders only).
Under the banner of ‘Perpetual Change Scheme’, the school’s parent body, ‘Sermal Sonadevi Charitable Trust’ provides every year two free ships, one each to a boy and a girl, used to be added in Nursery class from from applicants from economically disadvantaged families. All fees, transportation, uniforms, books etc. are provided free of any charge for complete 14 years schooling. These children along with those sponsored by donors would hopefully, soon reach a strength of around 100 under this unique scheme.
After the implementation of the Right to Education Act by the Government the specified number of such children are admitted in the Nursery class. Other scholarships would benefit the meritorious students and multiple students of the same parents.
THE SCHOOL DIARY
The School Diary contains every event and activity details. Parents of the Day-Scholar as well as Border must, from time to time, check the student’s diary so as to know if there is any complaint or suggestion from the teacher. Diary is a medium of communication between the guardian and the institution.
THE SCHOOL CALENDAR
The School Calendar gives the chronology of the activities and the function to be held in the school within a calendar year. The parents, therefore, are supposed to be well aware of the activities and the functions which are to take place. Through all sincere efforts are made to adhere to the calendar but it is subject to change.
THE PARENT TEACHER MEETING
The Parent-Teacher meeting is organised at the end of every month normally on the last Saturday. If there is any change in the meeting schedule, it is mentioned in the School Calendar. Parents are requested to attend the scheduled meetings.
|Admission Period||From 1st February to 15th August|
|Academic Session||From 1st April to 31st March|
|Summer Vacation||From 14th May to 24th June|
|Diwali Vacation||From 05th November to 14th November|
|Winter Vacation||From 26th December to 15th January|
CLASSWISE STRENGTH 2021-22